Monday, March 18, 2013

Script Writing (Act 1)


           "Business as Usual: A Lowrider Noir Picture" 


     So today, I have begun writing a script with partner Ramiro. The story so far is going well, but theres one problem. Although the problem isn't a bad one, its that when ever me and Ramiro work together, we come up with brilliant ideas, but when im doing it alone I get stuck in what is know as Writers Block which simply put means you cant thing of any ideas that help in the progress of the film. 

     Thinking hard about what I love most and trying to associate it with the story, I decides to make it a lowrider themed picture with the concepts still revolving around noir. Its something different as opposed to the traditional noir. 
The reason why I chose to write a script this way is because of my mexican american roots and my fascination with oldies, Lowriders, and the southern chicano lifestyle found here in Califas. 






                          Some Lowrider Bombs 
           (A lowrider car or truck from the 1930s - mid-1950s) 

No comments:

Post a Comment